Home Care for Elderly: Skilled Nursing in Akron and Beyond
Our skilled nursing staff, sometimes referred to as “visiting nurses”, are able to provide what are called “skilled services”. In other words, they provide services that only licensed medical professionals are allowed to perform, such as administering medication or evaluating a patient’s needs. Our skilled nursing staff is trained and licensed to provide home care for elderly and disabled persons, such as:
- Physical therapy;
- Occupational therapy;
- Speech therapy;
- Teaching and management of disease processes such as diabetes, COPD, CHF, and pain management;
- Medication management; and
- Caregiver teaching.
Personal Services for Northeast Ohio Seniors
Personal services, unlike Skilled Services, are more broad. Our personal care staff is trained to handle personal situations as described below in the most compassionate and caring manner possible:
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, dressing, mobility, incontinence care, and daily grooming;
- Companionship/Respite Care, including reading and conversation;
- Supervision of loved ones when you are unable to be with them;
- 24/7 direct care;
- Caregiver relief; and
- Availability from as little as three hours of service per week up to 24-hour continuous care.
Personal services may be right for you. Find out more about our personal care services here.
Homemaker Services for Homebound Patients in Northeast Ohio
Home care for elderly and disabled persons comes in many forms. Health can be influenced by a number of factors, and so another branch of Heartfelt Cares offers what we call “homemaker services.” Homemaker services refers to those needs of elderly and disabled that can often contribute to their well-being; in this case, help in the form of:
- Light housekeeping, basic upkeep and maintenance;
- Meal preparation – preparing healthy meals that meet your loved one’s specific requirements;
- Grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions; and
- Pet Maintenance – feeding, walking, and toileting your loved one’s pet.
CHAP-Certified Care for Your Loved Ones
Our agency is CHAP-Certified, meaning we have been certified by the Community Health Accreditation Program. CHAP’s purpose is to define and advance the highest quality of community-based care. This means that our home care for elderly and disabled persons has been independently verified by an organization you can trust. For more information about CHAP, please visit their website.